Simple steps for losing weight fast and safe
Start making changes to your diet and level of physical activity that can become a part of your daily routine.
Understand the causes of weight gain before you start losing weight.
People who are overweight or obese should first aim to gradually build up to 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity per week.
Modern life can make it easy to eat and drink more than we realise and do little physical activity. The result is often weight gain.
To lose weight, we need to change our current habits. This means eating less – even when eating a healthy, balanced diet – and getting more active.
Drastic fad diets and exercise regimes that result in rapid weight loss are unlikely to work for long, because these kinds of lifestyle changes can’t be maintained. Once you stop the regime, you’re likely to return to old habits and regain weight.
Instead, choose diet and physical activity changes that you can make a part of your daily routine, and stick to for life.
Ready to get started?
Things you can do today to lose weight
You can take four actions today that will start your journey towards a healthy weight:
- Check your BMI or body mass index. If it is in the obese range, aim to lose between 5% and 10% of your starting weight.
- Check the glycemic index of foods and eliminate all high glycemic foods.
- Try to swap drinks all sugary drinks with those that are lower in fat and sugars. Don’t forget that alcohol is also high in calories, so cutting down could help you to control your weight. Light lemonade or other low calorie drinks are OK.
- Next, find a way to fit more physical activity into your day. Understand the role of exercise in weight loss. Although exercise helps in combination with a restrictive diet but exercise on its own, without a restrictive diet, is not very useful for weight loss. Ideally, you should aim to walk 8,000 – 10,000 steps a day.
- Start the day right with protein and not carbohydrate as protein or even fat for that matter, lasts longer and keeps you full for long. Use foods you already have at home such as eggs, lean protein meats etc.
- Check to see if you have a metabolic reason for weight gain such as insulin resistance. If you have skin tags, or thicker or dark lines in the neck, you may have insulin resistance.
Insulin resistance causes belly fat and overall weight gain.
Find a weight loss program that is right for you using evidence.
What these weight loss videos
Related weight loss articles
Mistakes to Avoid | Media | 3 things wrong with our diet | Insulin Resistance | Weight Loss Blog | 8 Amazing Weeks of Weight Loss | Weight Loss Articles | Fast Weight Loss Tips | Insurance Coverage | Locations | Weight Loss News | Success Stories | Videos | Medications | Benefits of weight loss | Science | What makes us different? |Published Articles
Why exercise alone does not help for weight loss?| Low Fat or Low Carb Diet? | 12 ways to lose weight quickly | Our Bariatric Medicine Physicians |Weight loss supplements | Nutrition and physical degeneration by Weston Price5 simple steps for losing weight fast and safe (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com8 must know free weight loss tips to lose weight fast and safe in New York City (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)Safe weight loss programs New York City & Philadelphia (phenterminetopiramate.wordpress.com)52 weeks of weight loss and wellness videos (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 1, 2014, in Diet, Diet For Weight Loss, Weight gain, Weight loss, Weight Loss Articles and tagged Body mass index, Health, Obesity, Obesity in the United States, Physical exercise, Shopping, Support Groups, Weight Loss Articles. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.