8 steps to losing weight fast
If you are overweight or obese, and trying to lose weight, here are w8md’s 8 Steps to losing weight
- Weight Loss Step 1.
Check your BMI using an online BMI calculator. Go to http://www.w8md.com and find the BMI calculator on the right side of the page, put in your information, and find out your BMI.
- Weight Loss Step 2.
Get a measureing tape and measure your waist circumference in the most prominent part of the belly. Also measure the hip circumference. If you are male and have a waist of over 40 inches in the most prominent part, if you are a female and have a waist of over 36 inches, you may have underlying insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome that may be causing your weight gain, especially in the belly and upper part of the body. (For Asians, the threshold is 35 inches for men and 31 inches for women).
- Weight Loss Step 3.
Check if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome. Go to http://w8md.com/w8d-healthy-living/w8md-metabolic-syndrome-meter and see if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome.
- Weight Loss Step 4.
Find a weight loss program that accepts health insurance (if you have health insurance)
- Weight Loss Step 5.
Consult with an Obesity Medicine Trained Physician knowledgeable about metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and other causes for weigth gain and can help you lose weight safely and effectively using evidence based methods
- Weight Loss Step 6.
Start a Low Calorie or Very Low Calorie Diet Plan that cuts you calories by about 500-1000 calories a day so you can lose about 1-2 pounds a week
- Weight Loss Step 7.Start walking or other low to moderate intensivity exercise program. Understand that exercise alone is useless for weigth loss but in combination with a reduced calorie diet, it helps.
- Weight Loss Step 8.
Start a behavior change plan to help you stay on track with your goals.
Weight Loss Testimonials: “I would most definitely recommend to go to here. They are very nice helpful and know what they are doing and talking about, I can see that the doctor has experience for sure.”
“I like the Doc. He seem’s to know what he’s talking about nice guy” – J.S.
“After losing 75 lbs, I am cured of sleep apnea, and never felt better! My only problem is that I need new cloths!” – Larry J.
“I came of 5 medications within 2 months of starting the program. This program is amazing and it works”. As they accept insurance, it is as simple as seeing any doctor!” Jorge!
- Nutritional / Complementary Medicine
- Anti-Aging / Preventive Medicine
- Environmental Medicine
- Holistic /Alternative
- Weight Loss Programs
- Appetite Suppressant Medications
- Primary Care Services
- Sleep Diagnostic And Treatment
- Allergy Immunotherapy
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Candida / Yeast Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Colon Cleansing
- Lyme’s Disease Treatment
- Nutritional Rebalancing
- Obesity Treatment
- Rapid Weight Loss Programs
- A Menu of Weight Loss Methods
- Diabetes Dietary Management
- Metabolic Syndrome / Prediabetes Management
- Cholesterol Lowering Therapies
- Wellness and Prevention
- Diet to enhance fat burning
- Food allergy elimination
- Meal or snack replacements
- Medication for appetite control
- Metabolic Typing
- Non-drug aids for appetite control
- Nutritional supplements
- Personalized exercise programs
Our Sleep Medicine Services
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Sleep Studies
- Home Sleep Studies
- In lab sleep studies
- CPAP / BiPAP titration
- Board Certified Sleep Doctors
Primary / Preventive Care Services, and Wellness, Holistic Medicine Services
List Of Conditions Treated
Skin conditions, including
- Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Dysmetabolic Syndrome / Metabolic Syndrome
- Insulin Resistance
- Poly-Cystic Ovaries
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Acanthosis Nigricans (skin tags and darker or thicker patches in neck and other areas)
- Wilson’s Thyroid Syndrome , among others
Immune System Disorders
Arthritis / Musculoskeletal
Headache / Neurologic Disorders
- Migraine and other headache syndromes
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Nutritional support for other neurologic conditions
ADD / ADHD, and other childhood and adult behavioral / emotional problems
- Premenstrual and Menopausal syndromes
- Prevention for osteoporosis and cancer , among other diseases
- Polycystic Ovaries
- Infertility due to insulin resistance
- Prostate disorders
- Erectile dysfunction
- Viagra and natural alternatives
- Other medical issues
- Supportive nutritional programs
- Natural hormones
- Brain Longevity Programs
Other Diseases and Issues
- Health enhancing dietary plans
- Herbs and other nutrients expertly recommended
Rapid Weight Reduction Programs
- Very Low Calorie Diet Program For Rapid Weight Loss from 800 calories and up.
- HCG injection therapy for weight loss
- Diet Pills / Appetite Suppressant Medications includining Phentermine-Adipex-Bontril, Qsymia generic or brand, Topamax, Wellbutrin, Belviq, and other weight loss medications
- Nutritional Counseling Programs
Holistic Medicine / Anti-Aging Medicine
- Intravenous Vitamins and Minerals
- Chelation Therapy
- Natural Hormones
- Stress Reduction / Mind-Body Medicine
Related weight loss articles for losing weight fast
- 52 weeks of weight loss & wellness youtube channel
- Mistakes to avoid for losing weight in New York City
- Media weight loss articles
What is wrong with our diet?
Insurance coverage for losing weight
Science of weight loss
How can W8MD help me lose weight?
Posted on November 16, 2014, in +losing +weight, Brooklyn Weight Loss, cheap weight loss nyc, Diet For Weight Loss, lose weight fast, Medical Weight Loss Services, medicare weight loss, New York City Weight Loss Center, NYC lose weight, nyc weight loss, tips for weight loss nyc, Very Low Calorie Diet, VLCD, weight control New York City, Weight loss, Weight Loss Articles, Weight Loss Center Locations, Weight loss centers, weight loss doctor new york, weight loss doctors in New York, Weight Loss Medications, Weight loss NYC, weight loss programs nyc, weight loss spa new york and tagged free weight loss nyc, NYC lose weight, Weight Loss Articles, Weight loss NYC, Weight loss tips. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.