8 steps to losing weight
What is a healthy and safe weight loss program?
A healthy weight loss program should have the following features:
- A thorough history and physical examination that focusses on the complex factors leading to weight gain including hormonal factors such as hypothyroidism, other hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome, stress eating, eating disorders, sleep disorders, medications, genetic factors to name a few.
- A reasonable, realistic weight loss goal as determined by the weight loss doctor that fits your particular situation, objectives, and weight loss goals.
- A low calorie diet, with a nutritionally-balanced eating plan or meal replacements and other weight loss supplements that reduces the calories by about 500-1500 calories a day so you can expect to lose 1-3 pounds per week.
- A personalized exercise prescription by a weight loss physician familiar with your medical history that you can live with. An understanding that exercise alone, without a restricted diet is almost useless as a tool for weight loss.
- A behavior change plan for long term weight loss success to help you stay on track with your goals and maintain the weight loss.
- A program designed to address the metabolic, hormonal, emotional, social, sleep, and other causes for weight gain with physicians that are specially trained in the field of Metabolic Medicine Or Obesity Medicine.
- As up to a third of the population has insulin resistance, leading to belly fat and increased risk of diabetes, it is important to find a program with physicians trained in reversing insulin resistance, and help prevent or reverse diabetes risk.
W8MD’s 8 things to do for fast, safe and almost free weight loss with insurance!
Start with a knowing where you are with a body mass index calculator, a measuring tape, a copy of the last blood work, if have any and understand where you stand.
Weight Loss Step 2.
2. Get a measureing tape and measure your waist circumference in the most prominent part of the belly. Also measure the hip circumference. If you are male and have a waist of over 40 inches in the most prominent part, if you are a female and have a waist of over 36 inches, you may have underlying insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome that may be causing your weight gain, especially in the belly and upper part of the body. (For Asians, the threshold is 35 inches for men and 31 inches for women)
Weight Loss Step 3.
Check if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome. Go to http://w8md.com/w8d-healthy-living/w8md-metabolic-syndrome-meter and see if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome.
Weight Loss Step 4.
Find a weight loss program that accepts health insurance (if you have health insurance)
Weight Loss Step 5.
Consult with an Obesity Medicine Trained Physician knowledgeable about metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and other causes for weigth gain and can help you lose weight safely and effectively using evidence based methods.
Weight Loss Step 6.
Start a Low Calorie or Very Low Calorie Diet Plan that cuts you calories by about 500-1000 calories a day so you can lose about 1-2 pounds a week.
Weight Loss Step 7.
Start walking or other low to moderate intensivity exercise program. Understand that exercise alone is useless for weigth loss but in combination with a reduced calorie diet, it helps.
Weight Loss Step 8.
Start a behavior change plan to help you stay on track with your goals.
We have offices in many states including New York, Pennsylvania and Connecticut. Visit http://www.w8md.com for more information on our services, locations, and contact information or call 1(800)W8MD-007. Trim down your waist, not your wallet. Let insurance pay for your weight loss visits.
- New York City Weight Loss: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5500
- North East Philadelphia Weight Loss: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
- King Of Prussia, PA Weight Loss: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007
Cities Served: Philadelphia, King Of Prussia, Wayne, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Manhattan, New York, New York City, Queens, Long Island, Bronx, Bensonhurst.
Counties Served: Chester, Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomerry, Burlington, Kings, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx
Related weight loss articles for losing weight fast
- 52 weeks of weight loss & wellness youtube channel
- Mistakes to avoid for losing weight in New York City
- Media weight loss articles
What is wrong with our diet?
Insurance coverage for losing weight
Science of weight loss
- Weight loss videos
- Medications for losing weight
- Contrave for weight loss
- Review of diet pills
- Benefits of weight loss
- Science of weight loss
How can W8MD help me lose weight?
Related weight loss blogs
- How to lose fat weight fast (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- W8MD’s Blog on Belviq Lorcaserin weight loss medication (belviq.wordpress.com)
- Cost of Belviq Lorcaserin for weight loss (belviq.wordpress.com)
- Phentermine and Topiramate for weight loss – review by W8MD (phenterminetopiramate.wordpress.com)
- Very Low Calorie Diets For Weight Loss (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- Diets that work versus fad diets – what is the evidence for the common diets! (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- Weight loss medications and supplements (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- W8MD weight loss success stories (belviq.wordpress.com)
- How to lose weight fast and safe? (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- What is body mass index (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)