Secret for losing weight
- With the enormous costs both at a personal level and at national level, associated with obesity, it is becoming increasingly clear that it pays to lose weight.
- According to a study by George Washington University, the individual cost of Obesity is estimated to be $4,879 for a woman, $2,646 for a man!
- If the cost of loss of up to 10 years seen with obesity is included, the annual cost of obesity for women goes up to $8,365, and men’s to $6,518.
- Some people who need to lose weight for their health don’t recognize it, while others who don’t need to lose weight want to get thinner for cosmetic reasons.
Unfortunately, our current health care system fails to adequately train the physicians and other health care providers in taking of obesity.
- According to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD founder of W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers and a leading obesity medicine physician, most physicians have nothing to offer their overweight or obese patients other than simply say “lose weight” or hand out a diet sheet!
- This is not useful for most patients as obesity needs a more thorough and structured approach.
- Some patients may even feel blamed, but not helped, by their health care providers with minimal or no knowledge of the factors that might be contributing to their patient’s weight gain!
- As a society, we have looked at Obesity is a personal responsibility issue while human’s behavior is shaped by the environment more than volition. Blaming the victim does not help Obesity and can even be harmful as it is not the individuals fault to gain weight. It is the complex factors of the environment they live in, nutritional deficiencies, insulin resistance that affects up to a third of the population, stress, lack of proper sleep, genetic factors, sedenterism, and other factors.
- Successful weight management needs a partnership with a trained obesity medicine physician knowledgeable about the complex causes of obesity and evidence based proved strategies to combat obesity, metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, and other obesity related conditions.
Where To Start For Weight Loss?
Start with consultation with a well trained Obesity Medicine Physician willing to work with your health insurance so you do not have to pay hefty fees out of pocket for weight loss doctor visits. W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers is among the first medical weight loss and wellness program to accept health insurance so you can start losing weight safely and effectively under the care of an experienced, trained, knowledgeable and caring non-surgical weight loss physician.
How Much Weight Loss Is Needed For Health Benefits?
The amount of weight loss needed to improve your health may be much less than you wish to lose, when you consider how you evaluate your weight. Research has shown that your health can be greatly improved by a loss of 5–10 percent of your starting weight. That doesn’t mean you have to stop there, but it does mean that an initial goal of losing 5–10 percent of your starting weight is both realistic and valuable.
Here are 8 things to consider for a successful weight loss
- Understand that obesity is a medical condition, just like any other, and needs a physician trained in Obesity Medicine to help you lose weight and live healthy.
- Know the complex processes that lead to weight gain and realize that it takes careful monitoring by an obesity medicine physician well versed with the concepts in obesity medicine.
- In order to help you lose weight, you need to supply the body with nutrition at a regular interval with limited calories but adequate protein and other nutrition the body needs.
- The simplest way to provide the balanced nutrition at very limited calories is to use prepackaged meal replacement diet plans such as VLCD(Very Low Calorie Diet) or LCD(Low Calorie Diet) Plans.
- When medically appropriate, any FDA approved prescriptions might be ordered by the weight loss physician as clinically appropriate.
- Instructions on appropriate physical activity based on your body’s physical condition and your ability to lose weight.
- Understanding the complex processes that contribute to weight gain including metabolic, hormonal, nutritional deficiencies, insulin resistance, eating disorders, sleep disorders, medication induced weight gain, genetic factors and devise an individualized weight loss plan that is right for you.
- Provide on going support, and a life long partnership with one of your most important healthcare partners dealing with weight loss and wellness given the enormous preventive benefit of weight loss.
About sixty-six percent of adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. Achieving a healthy weight can help you control your cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar. It might also help you prevent weight-related diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and some cancers, according to the Center’s for Disease Control.
According to Dr. David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center and of the Yale Preventive Medicine Center –
80% of heart disease
and 60% of cancers
Research has shown that losing 10% of your body weight – or less – can have help reduce the risk associated with weight significantly.
Obesity Insurance Coverage
W8MD Weight Loss Centers That Accept Insurances For Weight Loss Visits
Cities Served: Philadelphia, King Of Prussia, Wayne, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Manhattan, New York, New York City, Queens, Long Island, Bronx, Bensonhurst.
Counties Served: Chester, Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomerry, Burlington, Kings, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx
Also in Union City, NJ.
Related weight loss articles for losing weight fast
- 52 weeks of weight loss & wellness youtube channel
- Mistakes to avoid for losing weight in New York City
- Media weight loss articles
What is wrong with our diet?
Insurance coverage for losing weight
Science of weight loss
How can W8MD help me lose weight?