NYC Lose Weight
- Are you New Yorker with a little bit of excess weight?
- Are you looking for low cost or free ways to lose weight?
- Are you wondering why you are gaining weight?
- Do you think “I do not eat much” but I why am I still gaining weight?
- Are you a bit unsure of the best way to proceed for weight loss?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you are not alone. With over 20,000 books written on this topic of weight loss, there is so much misinformation, half truths, and false claims by all kinds of products and services. As a physician trained in the new field of Obesity Medicine, my role is to present evidence based methods as opposed to the many “fad diets” and “miracle weight loss” products.
Obesity is treated using one or more of these 5 proven methods for weight loss:
NYC Weight Loss Option 1.
A diet low in calories using Low Calorie Diets (LCD’s) or Very Low Calorie Diets (VLCD)
Increased physical activity most effectively with diet low in calories as exercise alone is not that useful for weight loss
NYC Weight Loss Option 3.
Intensive Behavior Therapy(IBT) by a trained obesity medicine physician.
NYC Weight Loss Option 4.
Prescription medications such as Phentermine, the new weight loss drug Qsymia, or other medications
NYC Weight Loss Option 5.
Weight-loss bariatric surgery which shrinks the stomach and forces you to have a Low Calorie Diet (number 1 or number 2). Since the stomach can re-expand after a couple of years, and given the complications, risks of surgery etc., bariatric surgery for weight loss is not for every body.
Unhealthy Belly fat
If you are overweight and have excess abdominal fat, a weight-related medical problem such as high blood pressure, cholesterol problem, prediabetes, sleep apnea, low vitamin D leves, or any of the 50 different medical problems obesity causes, or a family history of such problems, you need to lose weight.
Healthy diets and exercise can help people maintain a healthy weight, and may also help them lose weight. It is important to recognize that overweight is a chronic condition which can only be controlled with long-term changes. To reduce caloric intake, eat less fat and control portion sizes.
Muffin Top Body or Metabolic Syndrome Body Type
Research suggests that the location of body fat also is an important factor in health risks for adults. Excess fat in the abdomen (stomach area) is a greater health risk than excess fat in the hips and thighs. Extra fat in the abdomen is linked to high blood pressure, diabetes, early heart disease, and certain types of cancer. Smoking and too much alcohol increase abdominal fat and the risk for diseases related to obesity. Vigorous exercise helps to reduce abdominal fat and decrease the risk for these diseases. The easiest way to check your body fat distribution is to measure around your waistline with a tape measure and compare this with the measure around your hips or buttocks to see if your abdomen is larger. If you are in doubt, you may wish to seek advice from a health professional.
Small weight loss, big gains
Research shows that even a small amount of weight loss of only 5-10 percent of body weight may improve many of the problems associated with overweight, such as high blood pressure and diabetes. Even a smaller weight loss can make a difference. If you are trying to lose weight, do so slowly and steadily.
Avoid crash weight-loss diets that severely restrict calories or the variety of foods. Extreme approaches to weight loss, such as self-induced vomiting or the use of laxatives, amphetamines, or diuretics, are not appropriate and can be dangerous to your health.
10 Benefits of weight loss of 10% or more
1. Lowers the risks of heart disease, heart attacks, and stroke.
2. Reduces the risk of developing diabetes and helps control blood
sugar levels if you are already diabetic.
3. Lowers the risk of sleep apnea, a serious breathing difficulty during sleep.
4. Lowers the risk of congestive heart failure. Excess weight puts stress on the heart and lungs.
5. Reduces the risks of many types of cancers including prostate cancer (Men), Breast (Women), Colon, Uterus, and many Genitourinary and Gastrointestinal Cancers.
6. Puts less stress on your bones and joints, especially the knees.
7. Reduces blood pressure. Even a small weight loss can help to lower high blood pressure.
8. Reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s dementia
9. Improves your ability to move and do activities.
10.Improves over 50 medication conditions and makes you feel better!
Obesity Insurance Coverage
Tired of being overweight?
: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 215-676-2334
2632 E 21st St Brooklyn New York 11235
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical aesthetics
140 E Evesham Rd Cherry Hill New Jersey 08003