Losing weight in New York
Obesity is a chronic disease or medical condition and the treatment of this should also be chronic. To lose weight and maintain weight loss over the long term, it is necessary to modify one’s diet and engage in regular physical activity along with other proven weight loss measures such as FDA approved medications, correction of nutritional deficiencies, sleep problems, insulin resistance, eating disorders, food sensitivities,etc under medical supervision. Some people, however, may require additional treatment. As with other chronic conditions, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, the use of prescription medications may be appropriate for some people who are overweight or obese.
Measuring your patients’ body mass index (BMI) on a regular basis can help you identify those who may benefit the most from information on weight loss. The BMI measures body fat based on a person’s height in relation to weight and provides a score to signal whether someone is at a healthy weight.
You should be concerned about your weight if you have
■ a BMI of 30 or above
■ a BMI between 25 and 30 plus two or more health problems linked to weight, such as a family history of heart disease or diabetes
■ a waist size over 35 inches (women) or 40 inches (men)—even if BMI is less than 25—and two or more health problems linked to weight Work
What is a sensible weight-loss goal?
Losing weight too quickly may contribute to health problems, such as gallstones. A 5-to-7 percent reduction in body weight over 6 months is a sensible weight-loss goal. One-half to 2 pounds per week is a safe rate of weight loss.
How to stick with the goals?
Some patients may lose weight very slowly, which can be discouraging. Note any advances in related risk factors, like blood pressure, blood sugar, and high cholesterol. Improving the health numbers related to these factors may motivate patients, especially if changes are made despite slow weight loss.
Related weight loss articles for losing weight fast
- 52 weeks of weight loss & wellness youtube channel
- Mistakes to avoid for losing weight in New York City
- Media weight loss articles
What is wrong with our diet?
Insurance coverage for losing weight
Science of weight loss
- Weight loss videos
- Medications for losing weight
- Contrave for weight loss
- Review of diet pills
- Benefits of weight loss
- Science of weight loss
How can W8MD help me lose weight?
Related weight loss blogs
- W8MD’s Blog on Belviq Lorcaserin weight loss medication (belviq.wordpress.com)
- Phentermine and Topiramate for weight loss – review by W8MD (phenterminetopiramate.wordpress.com)
- New York City’s Best Weight Loss Program (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- W8MD weight loss success stories (belviq.wordpress.com)
- What is body mass index (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- How to lose fat weight fast (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- Facts and Myths About Weight Loss (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- How to lose weight fast and safe? (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)