If you are overweight and or obese in New York City, here are some tips to lose weight fast and safe with insurance.
Step 1 for weight loss
Understand where you are in terms of the weight relative to your height. A body mass index scale many of which are available online can be used for this.
You can use the following urls for checking your BMI
Step 2 for weight loss
Understand what level of calories you need in order to not gain weight or lose weight.
If you know what the weight neutral caloric intake is, then you know your baseline intake.
W8MD medical weight loss centers has a BMI calculator on it’s main page along with daily calorie calculator that not only helps you understand your BMI but also how many calories you need in order to not gain or lose weight.
Step 3 for weight loss
Understand the causes of weight gain
Step 4 for weight loss
Find a weight loss program that understands the true causes of weight gain, accepts your health insurance for weight loss visits, and has physicians trained in the new field of obesity medicine.
See if one of the many W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s unique insurance physician weight loss programs is right for you.
Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss Center: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007
NYC Insurance Weight Loss Center: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5501
Start making changes to your diet and level of physical activity that can become a part of your daily routine.
Understand the causes of weight gain before you start losing weight.
People who are overweight or obese should first aim to gradually build up to 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity per week.
Modern life can make it easy to eat and drink more than we realise and do little physical activity. The result is often weight gain.
To lose weight, we need to change our current habits. This means eating less – even when eating a healthy, balanced diet – and getting more active.
Drastic fad diets and exercise regimes that result in rapid weight loss are unlikely to work for long, because these kinds of lifestyle changes can’t be maintained. Once you stop the regime, you’re likely to return to old habits and regain weight.
Instead, choose diet and physical activity changes that you can make a part of your daily routine, and stick to for life.
Ready to get started?
Things you can do today to lose weight
You can take four actions today that will start your journey towards a healthy weight:
- Check your BMI or body mass index. If it is in the obese range, aim to lose between 5% and 10% of your starting weight.
- Check the glycemic index of foods and eliminate all high glycemic foods.
- Try to swap drinks all sugary drinks with those that are lower in fat and sugars. Don’t forget that alcohol is also high in calories, so cutting down could help you to control your weight. Light lemonade or other low calorie drinks are OK.
- Next, find a way to fit more physical activity into your day. Understand the role of exercise in weight loss. Although exercise helps in combination with a restrictive diet but exercise on its own, without a restrictive diet, is not very useful for weight loss. Ideally, you should aim to walk 8,000 – 10,000 steps a day.
- Start the day right with protein and not carbohydrate as protein or even fat for that matter, lasts longer and keeps you full for long. Use foods you already have at home such as eggs, lean protein meats etc.
- Check to see if you have a metabolic reason for weight gain such as insulin resistance. If you have skin tags, or thicker or dark lines in the neck, you may have insulin resistance.
Insulin resistance causes belly fat and overall weight gain.
Find a weight loss program that is right for you using evidence.
What these weight loss videos
Related weight loss articles
Mistakes to Avoid | Media | 3 things wrong with our diet | Insulin Resistance | Weight Loss Blog | 8 Amazing Weeks of Weight Loss | Weight Loss Articles | Fast Weight Loss Tips | Insurance Coverage | Locations | Weight Loss News | Success Stories | Videos | Medications | Benefits of weight loss | Science | What makes us different? |Published Articles
Why exercise alone does not help for weight loss?| Low Fat or Low Carb Diet? | 12 ways to lose weight quickly | Our Bariatric Medicine Physicians |Weight loss supplements | Nutrition and physical degeneration by Weston Price5 simple steps for losing weight fast and safe (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com8 must know free weight loss tips to lose weight fast and safe in New York City (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)Safe weight loss programs New York City & Philadelphia (phenterminetopiramate.wordpress.com)52 weeks of weight loss and wellness videos (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
|BMI Below 18.5||Underweight|
|BMI 18.5 – 24.9||Normal|
|BMI 25.0 – 29.9||Overweight|
|BMI 30.0 and Above||Obese|
8. Once you lost the weight, make sustainable lifestyle changes that will help you keep the weight off so you can remain thin and slim in NYC!
Related weight loss articles for weight loss in NYC
- 8 free weight loss tips to lose weigth fast in New York or Philadelphia (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- Safe weight loss programs New York City & Philadelphia (phenterminetopiramate.wordpress.com)
Additional weight loss articles and resources for losing weight in New York City
- Mistakes to Avoid for weight loss in NYC
- 3 things wrong with our diet that causes weight gain in NYC
- Is insulin resistance causing your weight gain in NY?
- 8 Amazing Weeks of Weight Loss in New York City
- Fast Weight Loss Tips for weight loss in New York
- Insurance Coverage for weight loss in New York
- Locations for losing weight fast in NYC with insurance
- Weight loss success stories NYC
- NYC weight loss medications
- Benefits of weight loss in New York City
- Science of losing weight in New York
- What makes W8MD weight loss NYC different?
- Why exercise alone does not help for weight loss in New York?
- Low Fat or Low Carb Diet for weight loss in New York?
- 12 ways to lose weight quickly in New York
- Weight loss supplements for fast weight loss in NYC
- Nutrition and physical degeneration by Weston Price
- New York City Bariatric Medicine Physicians
What is BMI or Body Mass Index?
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a number calculated from a person’s weight and height. BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.
Does BMI measure body fat?
BMI does not measure body fat directly, but research has shown that BMI correlates to direct measures of body fat, such as underwater weighing and dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA).1, 2 BMI can be considered an alternative for direct measures of body fat. Additionally, BMI is an inexpensive and easy-to-perform method of screening for weight categories that may lead to health problems.
How is BMI used?
BMI is used as a screening tool to identify possible weight problems for adults. However, BMI is not a diagnostic tool. For example, a person may have a high BMI. However, to determine if excess weight is a health risk, a healthcare provider would need to perform further assessments. These assessments might include skinfold thickness measurements, evaluations of diet, physical activity, family history, and other appropriate health screenings
What should be my ideal BMI?
- Underweight = BMI less than 18.5
- Normal weight = BMI of 18.5 – 24.9
- Overweight = BMI of 25 – 29.9
- Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
How about body composition analysis?
Other methods to measure body fatness include skinfold thickness measurements (with calipers), underwater weighing, bioelectrical impedance(body composition analysers), dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA), and isotope dilution. However, these methods are not always readily available, and they are either expensive or need highly trained personnel. Furthermore, many of these methods can be difficult to standardize across observers or machines, complicating comparisons across studies and time periods.
If I am a bit orverweight or obese, how can W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program Help?
W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program is for people who are serious about losing weight and gaining control of their health. We understand that losing weight and keeping it off is a challenge for many people and a physician trained in the new field of Obesity Medicine can help. That is why we are committed to our proven approach to medical weight loss using evidence based non surgical methods. We want to give you all the tools you need to succeed in losing weight fast and safe in New York City.
If you are a bit overweight or obese and would like to lose weight safely and effectively using proven and evidence based methods instead of fad and unhealthy diets, W8MD’s unqiue insurance physician weight loss and wellness program might be right for you. Since acceptance is limited to only about 10 new patients a week at this time, call W8MD today at 718-946-5500 to see if you can be accepted in the W8MD’s insurance medical weight loss program.
Under the direction of Dr. Prab Tumpati, W8MD Weight Loss Centers unique insurance physician weight loss program can make a difference. Dr. Tumpati has passed a written board examination in the field of Bariatric Medicine and is also Board Certified in Sleep Medicine and Internal Medicine. The doctor’s of W8MD partner with each patient to develop a custom weight management program to best meet their individual needs taking into account their medical history, lifestyle and goals.
Sleep disorders and weight gain!
Since weight and sleep go together, most of the W8MD centers are able to address sleep issues such as snoring, obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, insomnia and restless leg syndrome to name a few.
Due to popular demand for the insurance weight loss program, we can only accept about 10 new patients per week at this time in our New York City or Greater Philadelphia medical weight loss offices.
W8MD has helped patients achieve their goals by using a proven four-step method for safe weight loss:
•a physician-supervised diet and weight loss medication,
•a personally structured and administered exercise program,
•comprehensive behavior therapy, and
•ongoing weight maintenance support.
We can help you achieve long-lasting weight loss without feeling constantly hungry and deprived. When you resent your weight loss plan because you feel constantly hungry, it is much more difficult to maintain any significant lifelong changes. When you feel hungry, you are biologically driven to eat, and diet plans that force you to fight that biological impulse can be difficult to maintain. At W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program, we want to help you achieve lasting weight loss results and make changes that will keep you healthy for a lifetime.
W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program is dedicated to individualized, affordable treatment and as one of the very physician supervised medical weight loss programs to accept most health insurances for the weight loss physician visits. Our non-surgical medical weight loss program is based on the latest medical research and utilizes proven methods to lose weight rapidly and keep it off for a lifetime.
Our Medical Director
Dr. Prab R. Tumpati is a highly trained and respected physician with training in Obesity Medicine, in addition to being board certified in Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine, and is well versed in the medical treatment of overweight and obesity. Dr. Tumpati oversees all our patients and helps customize their individual weight loss treatments. We are committed to helping you lose weight as safely and efficiently as possible.
“Dr. Tumpati takes his time with you to explain everything, very thorough” – Carolann Z.
“I would most definitely recommend to go to here. They are very nice helpful and know what they are doing and talking about, I can see that the doctor has experience for sure.”
“I like the Doc. He seem’s to know what he’s talking about nice guy” – J.S.
“After losing 75 lbs, I am cured of sleep apnea, and never felt better! My only problem is that I need new cloths!” – Larry J.
“I came of 5 medications within 2 months of starting the program. This program is amazing and it works”. As they accept insurance, it is as simple as seeing any doctor!” Jorge!
Think W8MD for weight loss! Call 1-800-W8MD-007.
Did you know that the new Affordable Care Act Passed in September, 2010 mandates all insurances, including Medicare, to provide full insurance coverage for obesity screening and treatment for all adults without copays or deductibles? W8MD is one of the first obesity medicine program to work with all major insurances for this essential service and is available at W’eight’MD’s Pennsylvania, and New York City Locations. Call 1-800-W8MD-007 or visithttp://www.w8md.com to learn more. Also on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/W8mdusa
Weight loss appointments
Poly-Tech Sleep and W8MD Weight Loss Center at King Of Prussia: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087
Our farthest patient comes from Delaware! Testimonials
W8MD’s NYC Insurance Weight Loss & Sleep Center at Sleep Medical Associates, PLLC, 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214
Our farthest patient comes from Dallas, Texas! Testimonials
W8MD medical weight loss program at Vida Sleep Center of Dr. Felix Roque’s office at 543, 45th Street, Union City, New Jersey. 543 45th St, Union City, NJ 07087.
This center bills out of network for insurance.
Insurance coverage for obesity
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, obesity coverage for obesity is now mandatory.
Related weight loss articles for losing weight fast
- 52 weeks of weight loss & wellness youtube channel
- Mistakes to avoid for losing weight in New York City
- Media weight loss articles
What is wrong with our diet?
Insurance coverage for losing weight
Science of weight loss
- Weight loss videos
- Medications for losing weight
- Contrave for weight loss
- Review of diet pills
- Benefits of weight loss
- Science of weight loss
How can W8MD help me lose weight?
Related weight loss blogs
- Cost of Belviq Lorcaserin for weight loss (belviq.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to W8MD’s Blog on Belviq Lorcaserin weight loss medication (belviq.wordpress.com)
- Phentermine and Topiramate for weight loss – review by W8MD (phenterminetopiramate.wordpress.com)
- W8MD weight loss success stories (belviq.wordpress.com)
- How to lose weight fast and safe? (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- How to lose fat weight fast (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- How to choose the correct diet for you? (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- What is body mass index (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- Weight loss medications and supplements (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
- New York City’s Best Weight Loss Program (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)