The latest weight loss drug approved by the U.S. FDA, Saxenda for weight loss, is generating a lot of interest among patients, doctors, and even among the investors – is this the game changer drug for weight loss?
On December 23rd, 2014, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Saxenda (liraglutide [rDNA origin] injection) for weight loss – the 2nd drug to be approved this year after Orexigen’s Contrave (Bupropion and Naltrexone) was approved just a few months ago.
FDA finally waking up to the epidemic of obesity!
After a long gap of 13 years, FDA started approving new weight loss drugs since mid 2012 when it approved Qsymia and Belviq! And since then, approved 2 more drugs in 2014 – Contrave and Saxenda for help lose weight.
Approved for use in adults with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater (obesity) or adults with a BMI of 27 or greater (overweight) who have at least one weight-related condition such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol, Saxenda has the same active ingredient liraglutide as the popular diabetes drug Victoza.
Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist that works more on the real issue that causes weight gain, unlike the traditional stimulant based weight loss medications!
In a study with 4,800 obese and overweight patients with and without significant weight-related conditions that received Saxenda with counseling regarding diet showed that patients had an average weight loss of 4.5 percent from baseline compared to treatment with a placebo (inactive pill) at one year. In this trial, 62 percent of patients treated with Saxenda lost at least 5 percent of their body weight compared with 34 percent of patients treated with placebo.
Results from another study in patients with type 2 diabetes showed that patients had an average weight loss of 3.7 percent from baseline compared to treatment with placebo at one year. In this trial, 49 percent of patients treated with Saxenda lost at least 5 percent of their body weight compared with 16 percent of patients treated with placebo.
Patients using Saxenda should be evaluated after 16 weeks to determine if the treatment is working. If a patient has not lost at least 4 percent of baseline body weight, Saxenda should be discontinued, as it is unlikely that the patient will achieve and sustain clinically meaningful weight loss with continued treatment.
Saxenda is manufactured by Novo Nordisk A/S, Bagsvaerd, Denmark and is distributed by Novo Nordisk, Inc. Plainsboro, New Jersey.
While concerns remain about potential side effects including rare thyroid rumors, pancreatitis etc, the lower strength of the same drug has been very popular as Victoza for patients with diabetes and long been used by physicians off label for weight loss!
W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers offers Saxenda for weight loss for eligible patients!
W8MD’s Saxenda Weight Loss Clinic Locations
Poly-Tech Sleep & W8MD’s King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center
987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 (King of Prussia)
Our farthest patient for help losing weight comes from Delaware! Testimonials
2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214.
Our farthest weight loss patient comes from Dallas, Texas! Testimonials
W8MD Weight Loss Program in Long Island, NY
We are pleased to announce that the popular W8MD’s Weight Loss Centers of America’s physician weight loss program is now available at
- Medical weight loss, Physician weight loss NYC, Weight loss Philadelphia
- Very low calorie diets, fast weight loss
- Appetite suppressants or Diet pills, Adipex, Phentermine/Topiramate, Qsymia, Belviq, Contrave or Saxenda.
If you are overweight or obese, and trying to lose weight, here are w8md’s 8 Steps to losing weight
- Weight Loss Step 1.
Check your BMI using an online BMI calculator. Go to http://www.w8md.com and find the BMI calculator on the right side of the page, put in your information, and find out your BMI.
- Weight Loss Step 2.
Get a measureing tape and measure your waist circumference in the most prominent part of the belly. Also measure the hip circumference. If you are male and have a waist of over 40 inches in the most prominent part, if you are a female and have a waist of over 36 inches, you may have underlying insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome that may be causing your weight gain, especially in the belly and upper part of the body. (For Asians, the threshold is 35 inches for men and 31 inches for women).
- Weight Loss Step 3.
Check if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome. Go to http://w8md.com/w8d-healthy-living/w8md-metabolic-syndrome-meter and see if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome.
- Weight Loss Step 4.
Find a weight loss program that accepts health insurance (if you have health insurance)
- Weight Loss Step 5.
Consult with an Obesity Medicine Trained Physician knowledgeable about metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and other causes for weigth gain and can help you lose weight safely and effectively using evidence based methods
- Weight Loss Step 6.
Start a Low Calorie or Very Low Calorie Diet Plan that cuts you calories by about 500-1000 calories a day so you can lose about 1-2 pounds a week
- Weight Loss Step 7.Start walking or other low to moderate intensivity exercise program. Understand that exercise alone is useless for weigth loss but in combination with a reduced calorie diet, it helps.
- Weight Loss Step 8.
Start a behavior change plan to help you stay on track with your goals.
Weight Loss Testimonials: “I would most definitely recommend to go to here. They are very nice helpful and know what they are doing and talking about, I can see that the doctor has experience for sure.”
“I like the Doc. He seem’s to know what he’s talking about nice guy” – J.S.
“After losing 75 lbs, I am cured of sleep apnea, and never felt better! My only problem is that I need new cloths!” – Larry J.
“I came of 5 medications within 2 months of starting the program. This program is amazing and it works”. As they accept insurance, it is as simple as seeing any doctor!” Jorge!
- Nutritional / Complementary Medicine
- Anti-Aging / Preventive Medicine
- Environmental Medicine
- Holistic /Alternative
- Weight Loss Programs
- Appetite Suppressant Medications
- Primary Care Services
- Sleep Diagnostic And Treatment
- Allergy Immunotherapy
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Candida / Yeast Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Colon Cleansing
- Lyme’s Disease Treatment
- Nutritional Rebalancing
- Obesity Treatment
- Rapid Weight Loss Programs
- A Menu of Weight Loss Methods
- Diabetes Dietary Management
- Metabolic Syndrome / Prediabetes Management
- Cholesterol Lowering Therapies
- Wellness and Prevention
- Diet to enhance fat burning
- Food allergy elimination
- Meal or snack replacements
- Medication for appetite control
- Metabolic Typing
- Non-drug aids for appetite control
- Nutritional supplements
- Personalized exercise programs
Our Sleep Medicine Services
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Sleep Studies
- Home Sleep Studies
- In lab sleep studies
- CPAP / BiPAP titration
- Board Certified Sleep Doctors
Primary / Preventive Care Services, and Wellness, Holistic Medicine Services
List Of Conditions Treated
Skin conditions, including
- Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Dysmetabolic Syndrome / Metabolic Syndrome
- Insulin Resistance
- Poly-Cystic Ovaries
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Acanthosis Nigricans (skin tags and darker or thicker patches in neck and other areas)
- Wilson’s Thyroid Syndrome , among others
Immune System Disorders
Arthritis / Musculoskeletal
Headache / Neurologic Disorders
- Migraine and other headache syndromes
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Nutritional support for other neurologic conditions
ADD / ADHD, and other childhood and adult behavioral / emotional problems
- Premenstrual and Menopausal syndromes
- Prevention for osteoporosis and cancer , among other diseases
- Polycystic Ovaries
- Infertility due to insulin resistance
- Prostate disorders
- Erectile dysfunction
- Viagra and natural alternatives
- Other medical issues
- Supportive nutritional programs
- Natural hormones
- Brain Longevity Programs
Other Diseases and Issues
- Health enhancing dietary plans
- Herbs and other nutrients expertly recommended
Rapid Weight Reduction Programs
- Very Low Calorie Diet Program For Rapid Weight Loss from 800 calories and up.
- HCG injection therapy for weight loss
- Diet Pills / Appetite Suppressant Medications includining Phentermine-Adipex-Bontril, Qsymia generic or brand, Topamax, Wellbutrin, Belviq, and other weight loss medications
- Nutritional Counseling Programs
Holistic Medicine / Anti-Aging Medicine
- Intravenous Vitamins and Minerals
- Chelation Therapy
- Natural Hormones
- Stress Reduction / Mind-Body Medicine
Related weight loss articles for losing weight fast
- 52 weeks of weight loss & wellness youtube channel
- Mistakes to avoid for losing weight in New York City
- Media weight loss articles
What is wrong with our diet?
Insurance coverage for losing weight
Science of weight loss
How can W8MD help me lose weight?
The Food and Drug Administration today approved Contrave (naltrexone hydrochloride and bupropion hydrochloride extended-release tablets) as an adjunct treatment option for long term weight management in those suffering from Obesity, overweight and any of the 50 different medication problems related to obesity in addition to a reduced-calorie diet.
Statistics on Obesity
Obesity is common, serious and costly
- According to the CDC, more than one-third (34.9% or 78.6 million) of U.S. adults are obese. [See abstract Journal of American Medicine (JAMA)]
- Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer, some of the leading causes of preventable death. [Read guidelines]
- The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the U.S. was $147 billion in 2008 U.S. dollars; the medical costs for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal weight. [Read summary]
[Read abstract Journal of American Medicine (JAMA)]
- Non-Hispanic blacks have the highest age-adjusted rates of obesity (47.8%) followed by Hispanics (42.5%), non-Hispanic whites (32.6%), and non-Hispanic Asians (10.8%)
- Obesity is higher among middle age adults, 40-59 years old (39.5%) than among younger adults, age 20-39 (30.3%) or adults over 60 or above (35.4%) adults.
- Among non-Hispanic black and Mexican-American men, those with higher incomes are more likely to have obesity than those with low income.
- Higher income women are less likely to have obesity than low-income women.
- There is no significant relationship between obesity and education among men. Among women, however, there is a trend—those with college degrees are less likely to have obesity compared with less educated women.
Indications For Contrave
Contrave is approved for use in adults with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater (obesity) or adults with a BMI of 27 or greater (overweight) who have at least one weight-related comorbidities.
What is BMI?
BMI, which measures body fat based on an individual’s weight and height, is used to define the obesity and overweight categories.
Interpretation of BMI for adults
For adults 20 years old and older, BMI is interpreted using standard weight status categories that are the same for all ages and for both men and women. For children and teens, on the other hand, the interpretation of BMI is both age- and sex-specific.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than one-third of adults in the United States are obese.
“Obesity continues to be a major public health concern,with significant cost to the individual and the nation. In fact, one study estimated the annual cost of ignoring obesity at $4,879 and $2,646 for women and men respectively!
How can Contrave help with weight loss?
Contrave is a combination of two extended release formulations of two FDA-approved drugs, naltrexone and bupropion.
What is Naltrexone used for?
Naltrexone is approved to treat alcohol and opioid dependence.
What is Bupropion used for?
Bupropion is approved to treat depression and seasonal affective disorder and as an aid to smoking cessation treatment.
How come the combination helps with weight loss?
Like many of the newer weight loss drugs, combination of two or more medications that block certain pathways in the brain that control appetite have shown to have superior effect compared to one alone. The other new weight loss medication that was FDA approved in 2011, Qsymia was a combination of Phentermine and Topiramate.
How effective is contrave for weight loss?
The effectiveness of Contrave was evaluated in multiple studies that included approximately 4,500 obese and overweight patients with and without significant weight-related conditions treated for one year. In addition to the drug Contrave, all patients received lifestyle modification that consisted of a reduced- calorie diet and regular physical activity.
Results from a clinical trial that enrolled patients without diabetes showed that patients had an average weight loss of 4.1 percent over treatment with placebo at one year. In this trial, 42 percent of patients treated with Contrave lost at least 5 percent of their body weight compared with 17 percent of patients treated with placebo. Results from another clinical trial that enrolled patients with type 2 diabetes showed that patients had an average weight loss of 2 percent over treatment with placebo at one year. In this trial, 36 percent of patients treated with Contrave lost at least 5 percent of their body weight compared with 18 percent of patients treated with placebo.
Assess in 12 weeks
Patients using Contrave at the maintenance dose should be evaluated after 12 weeks to determine if the treatment is working. If a patient has not lost at least 5 percent of baseline body weight, Contrave should be discontinued, as it is unlikely that the patient will achieve and sustain clinically meaningful weight loss with continued treatment.
Because it contains bupropion, Contrave has a boxed warning to alert health care professionals and patients to the increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviors associated with antidepressant drugs. The warning also notes that serious neuropsychiatric events have been reported in patients taking bupropion for smoking cessation.
Contrave can cause seizures and must not be used in patients who have seizure disorders. The risk of seizure is dose-related. Contrave should be discontinued and not restarted in patients who experience a seizure while being treated with Contrave.
Contrave can also raise blood pressure and heart rate and must not be used in patients with uncontrolled high blood pressure. The clinical significance of the increases in blood pressure and heart rate observed with Contrave treatment is unclear, especially for patients with heart-related and cerebrovascular (blood vessel dysfunction impacting the brain) disease, since patients with a history of heart attack or stroke in the previous six months, life-threatening arrhythmias, or congestive heart failure were excluded from the clinical trials. Blood pressure and pulse should be measured prior to starting the drug and should be monitored at regular intervals, particularly among patients with controlled high blood pressure prior to treatment.
Other products containing bupropion should not be taken along with Contrave. The drug should not be used in patients who have eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia nervosa). Contrave should also not be taken by patients who are using opioids or treatments for opioid dependence, or who are experiencing acute opiate withdrawal. Patients undergoing an abrupt discontinuation of alcohol, benzodiazepines, barbiturates and antiepileptic drugs should not take Contrave. Women who are pregnant or trying to become pregnant should not take Contrave.
Comparison of Contrave with Phentermine and Topiramate
In studies, the combination of Phentermine and Topiramate was a bit superior to Contrave with 9% weight loss in those taking Phentermine and Topiramate (Qsymia) to that of 5% weight loss seen in patients taking Contrave. However, Contrave might be a bit easier to tolerate and might be more appropriate in certain sections of the population. Belviq(Lorcaserin), on the hand, helped lose 3% of weight in the same time period.
Side effects of Contrave
The most common adverse reactions reported with Contrave include nausea, constipation, headache, vomiting, dizziness, insomnia, dry mouth, and diarrhea.
Contrave is distributed by Takeda Pharmaceuticals America Inc. of Deerfield, Illinois for Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. of La Jolla, California.
Doctors that offer Contrave for eligible patients
W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America is one of the first to offer Contrave to eligible patients in all of its offices.
Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss & Sleep Center: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
King Of Prussia Weight Loss & Sleep Center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 215-676-2334
NYC Insurance Weight Loss & Sleep Center: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5500.
W8MD weight loss program in New Jersey.
W8MD weight loss program at Vida Sleep Center of Dr. Felix Roque’s office at 543, 45th Street, Union City, New Jersey. 543 45th St, Union City, NJ 07087. Phone: (201) 766-6469
The FDA, an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, protects the public health by assuring the safety, effectiveness, and security of human and veterinary drugs, vaccines and other biological products for human use, and medical devices. The agency also is responsible for the safety and security of our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, dietary supplements, products that give off electronic radiation, and for regulating tobacco products.
Did you know there are new weight loss medications approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration such as the combination of Phentermine and Topiramate, marketed as Qsymia or Lorcaserin marketed as Belviq in addition to a reduced-calorie diet and exercise for chronic weight management.
These new weight loss drugs are approved to be used in adults with a body mass index (BMI) of thirty or larger (obese) or adults with a BMI of twenty seven or larger (overweight) that have one or more of weight-related conditions of which there are many including blood pressure problems, cholesterol issues, diabetes, prediabetes etc.
Although there is no generic for Qsymia, the generic combination of Phentermine and Topiramate in somewhat similar dosage can give similar weight loss results for a huge cost saving.
The drug Belviq was approved for use in adults who are obese or those that are overweight with certain weight related comorbidities.
How does belviq work for weight loss?
Belviq works by activating the serotonin 2C receptor in the brain which helps a person eat less and feel full after eating smaller amounts of food.
Side effect of Belviq
Common side effects of Belviq include headache, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, dry mouth, and constipation, headache, back pain, cough, and in diabetic patients are low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and fatigue.
Safety of Belviq
There were three randomized, placebo-controlled trials that included nearly 8,000 obese and overweight patients, with and without type 2 diabetes, treated for 52 to 104 weeks.
The approved labeling for Belviq recommends that the drug be discontinued in patients who fail to lose 5 percent of their body weight after 12 weeks of treatment, as these patients are unlikely to achieve clinically meaningful weight loss with continued treatment.
Belviq is contra-indicated in pregnant woman and should not be used during pregnancy.
Manufacturer of Belviq
Belviq is manufactured by Arena Pharmaceuticals GmbH of Zofingen, Switzerland, and distributed by Eisai Inc. of Woodcliff Lake, N.J.
Qsymia weight loss medication
The FDA also approved another weight loss medication, Qsymia which is a combination of low dose of Phentermine and Topiramate at around the same time in July 2012.
How do these weight loss medications Belviq and Qsymia compare?
Compared to Belviq, the combination weight loss medication, Phentermine and Topiramate is twice as effective in the studies although Belviq might be a bit safer in those that have a history of cardiovascular disease etc. according to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, a practicing weight loss physician, and founder of W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America.
Learn more on Qsymia on the weight loss medication blog
For more information on Belviq, Qsymia and other weight loss medications:
Cost of weight loss medications
Costing about $150.00 to $200.00 per month, the brand name Qsymia might be a bit expensive. The generic combination of Phentermine and Topiramate in somewhat similar dosages are available at most W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America for a significant cost saving.
Cost of Belviq
The cost of Belviq is approximately $220.00 and there is no generic available.
Locations for weight loss medications
Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss Center: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334 & 1-800-W8MD-007
King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 215-676-2334 and 1-800-986-3007
NYC Insurance Weight Loss Center: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5500 & 718-946-5501
|Weight-loss drug||Approved for||How it works||Common side effects|
Sold as Xenical by prescription Over-the-counter version sold as Alli
|Xenical: adults and children ages 12 and older
Alli: adults only
|Blocks some of the fat that you eat, keeping it from being absorbed by your body.||Stomach pain, gas, diarrhea, and leakage of oily stools.
Note: Rare cases of severe liver injury reported. Should not be taken with cyclosporine.
Brand name Belviq
|Adults||Acts on the serotonin receptors in the brain. This may help you eat less and feel full after eating smaller amounts of food.||Headaches, dizziness, feeling tired, nausea, dry mouth, cough, and constipation. Should not be taken with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) medications.|
Brand name Qsymia
|Adults||A mix of two drugs: phentermine (suppresses your appetite and curbs your desire to eat) and topiramate (used to treat seizures or migraine headaches). May make you feel full and make foods taste less appealing.||Tingling of hands and feet, dizziness, taste alterations (particularly with carbonated beverages), trouble sleeping, constipation, and dry mouth.
Note: Sold only through certified pharmacies.
MAY LEAD TO BIRTH DEFECTS. DO NOT TAKE QSYMIA IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR PLANNING A PREGNANCY.
|Traditional weight loss medications (drugs that curb your desire to eat), which include
Sold under many names
|Adults||Increase chemicals in the brain that affect appetite. Make you feel that you are not hungry or that you are full.
Note: Only FDA approved for a short period of time (up to 12 weeks).
|Dry mouth, difficulty sleeping, dizziness, headache, feeling nervous, feeling restless, upset stomach, diarrhea, and constipation|
How about the new weight loss medications such as Belviq and Qsymia? Do they really work?
In our experience, these new medications, Belviq and Qsymia.
How do the new weight loss medications Belviq and Qsymia compare to the traditional weight loss medications such as Phentermine, Phendimetrazine, Diethylpropion, Topiramate etc?
- Can we use the generic Phentermine and Topiramate instead of the more expensive brand name Qsymia and expect similar results?
- Who are the doctors that are experienced in prescribing these weight loss medications?
- How long can I be on these weight loss medications?
- Are these weight loss medications safe?
- How much do these weight loss medications cost?
To get answers to these questions, contact W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s unique insurance physician weight loss program.
If you are overweight and or obese in New York City, here are some tips to lose weight fast and safe with insurance.
Step 1 for weight loss
Understand where you are in terms of the weight relative to your height. A body mass index scale many of which are available online can be used for this.
You can use the following urls for checking your BMI
Step 2 for weight loss
Understand what level of calories you need in order to not gain weight or lose weight.
If you know what the weight neutral caloric intake is, then you know your baseline intake.
W8MD medical weight loss centers has a BMI calculator on it’s main page along with daily calorie calculator that not only helps you understand your BMI but also how many calories you need in order to not gain or lose weight.
Step 3 for weight loss
Understand the causes of weight gain
Step 4 for weight loss
Find a weight loss program that understands the true causes of weight gain, accepts your health insurance for weight loss visits, and has physicians trained in the new field of obesity medicine.
See if one of the many W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s unique insurance physician weight loss programs is right for you.
Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss Center: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007
NYC Insurance Weight Loss Center: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5501
Secret of losing weight with insurance fast and safe!
- Are you overweight or obese and have to shed some pounds?
- Have you been considering attempting a weight loss, wellness or health improvement plan?
- Are you overwhelmed with so much confusing information that is publicized all over through magazines and daily papers, radio, TV, and sites.
- Are you wondering if these weight loss programs are safe?
- Will they work for you to lose weight?
- What is a good weight for me?
- Do I have to get thinner?
- how much weight would it be advisable for me to lose?
- Could my additional weight be brought on by a health issue or by a drug I am taking?
Things to consider before choosing the right weight loss program for you in Philadelphia, New York City or elsewhere!
- What sort of dietary programs may help me control my weight?
- Why exercise alone is useless for weight loss?
- In what manner would I be able to practice securely?
- Could a health improvement plan help me?
- should I take weight reduction drugs or appetite suppressants?
- Is weight reduction surgery a good fit for me?
Where do I begin to lose weight?
Find a weight loss program that can not only help y
ou lose weight but also help you keep it off! Aim for a gradual weight reduction of generally ½ to 2 pounds for every week (however weight reduction may be quicker at the begin of a system)
Understand the role of very low-calorie diets also called VLCD (up to 800 calories for every day) to advertise fast weight reduction around individuals who have a considerable measure of overabundance weight. This sort of eating regimen obliges close medical supervision through incessant office visits and therapeutic tests.
New York City’s W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s Insurance Weight Loss Center
Things to consider before choosing your weight loss program
- organized, week by week lessons offered online or by podcasts help customized to your particular objectives
- help custom-made to your particular objectives
- screening toward oneself of consuming and physical movement utilizing handheld apparatuses, for example, cells or online diaries
- normal reaction from an instructor on objectives, advancement, and effects, given via email, telephone, or quick messages
- social backing from an assembly through release sheets, visit rooms, or online gatherings
- If the system is online or in individual, you ought to get to the extent that as you can before choosing to join.
- What inquiries would it be advisable for me to get some information about the system?
- Experts working for get-healthy plans ought to have the capacity to answer addresses about the system’s characteristics, wellbeing, expenses, and outcomes. The accompanying are specimen questions you may need to ask.
What does the get-healthy plan incorporate?
- Does the project offer assembly classes or one-on-one guiding that will help me create healthier propensities?
- Do I need to take after a particular supper arrange or keep nourishment records?
- Do I need to purchase uncommon dinners or supplements?
- In the event that the system obliges extraordinary sustenances, would I be able to make progressions dependent upon my preferences, abhorrences, and nourishment anaphylaxes (if any)?
- Will the project help me be all the more physically animated, accompany a particular physical action arrange, or give exercise rules?
- Will the project work with my lifestyle and social requirements? Does the system give approaches to arrangement such issues as social or occasion consuming, progressions to work timetables, absence of inspiration, and damage or disease?
- Does the system incorporate an arrangement to help me keep the weight off once I’ve shed pounds?
- What are the staff certifications?
- Who manages the system?
- What kind of weight-control certificates, training, background, and preparing do the staff have?
How can W8MD(w’eight’MD) Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s insurance physician weight loss programs help?
With physicians trained in the new field of obesity medicine, willing to accept insurance for the weight loss physician visits, W8MD medical weight loss centers can help you lose weight fast and safe under careful physician supervision. Call 1-800-W8MD-007 to learn more or visit http://www.w8md.com
Start making changes to your diet and level of physical activity that can become a part of your daily routine.
Understand the causes of weight gain before you start losing weight.
People who are overweight or obese should first aim to gradually build up to 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity per week.
Modern life can make it easy to eat and drink more than we realise and do little physical activity. The result is often weight gain.
To lose weight, we need to change our current habits. This means eating less – even when eating a healthy, balanced diet – and getting more active.
Drastic fad diets and exercise regimes that result in rapid weight loss are unlikely to work for long, because these kinds of lifestyle changes can’t be maintained. Once you stop the regime, you’re likely to return to old habits and regain weight.
Instead, choose diet and physical activity changes that you can make a part of your daily routine, and stick to for life.
Ready to get started?
Things you can do today to lose weight
You can take four actions today that will start your journey towards a healthy weight:
- Check your BMI or body mass index. If it is in the obese range, aim to lose between 5% and 10% of your starting weight.
- Check the glycemic index of foods and eliminate all high glycemic foods.
- Try to swap drinks all sugary drinks with those that are lower in fat and sugars. Don’t forget that alcohol is also high in calories, so cutting down could help you to control your weight. Light lemonade or other low calorie drinks are OK.
- Next, find a way to fit more physical activity into your day. Understand the role of exercise in weight loss. Although exercise helps in combination with a restrictive diet but exercise on its own, without a restrictive diet, is not very useful for weight loss. Ideally, you should aim to walk 8,000 – 10,000 steps a day.
- Start the day right with protein and not carbohydrate as protein or even fat for that matter, lasts longer and keeps you full for long. Use foods you already have at home such as eggs, lean protein meats etc.
- Check to see if you have a metabolic reason for weight gain such as insulin resistance. If you have skin tags, or thicker or dark lines in the neck, you may have insulin resistance.
Insulin resistance causes belly fat and overall weight gain.
Find a weight loss program that is right for you using evidence.
What these weight loss videos
Related weight loss articles
Mistakes to Avoid | Media | 3 things wrong with our diet | Insulin Resistance | Weight Loss Blog | 8 Amazing Weeks of Weight Loss | Weight Loss Articles | Fast Weight Loss Tips | Insurance Coverage | Locations | Weight Loss News | Success Stories | Videos | Medications | Benefits of weight loss | Science | What makes us different? |Published Articles
Why exercise alone does not help for weight loss?| Low Fat or Low Carb Diet? | 12 ways to lose weight quickly | Our Bariatric Medicine Physicians |Weight loss supplements | Nutrition and physical degeneration by Weston Price5 simple steps for losing weight fast and safe (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com8 must know free weight loss tips to lose weight fast and safe in New York City (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)Safe weight loss programs New York City & Philadelphia (phenterminetopiramate.wordpress.com)52 weeks of weight loss and wellness videos (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)